Wednesday, March 21, 2012

WTF Meeting

Ok I just got done with my wtf meeting with my doctor over the phone. He personally called me after I wouldnt answer my phone all afternoon because I didnt want to hear results. Here it is:

1.  I do have a egg quality issue. He mentioned that the both sets of eggs fertilized at the same rate from ICSI and natural. After day three they noticed multi-nucleated cells in almost all of our embryos. He then said something that it was due to the stimulation medications. He said next time we would start of medications slowly. I am guessing that we grew my follicles to fast and it caused mutation of some sort? If you have any idea of what I am talking about please let me know, because I am still confused. He did say that next cycle we will probably still only have one or two good embryos if that.

2. The transfer was very invasive and tramatic and that could be a huge issue. As you know my transfer took over an hour and a half. There are ridges on my uterus and he couldnt get the cathedar through without a lot of time and it irritated my uterus and possibly causes trama. We didnt have a choice on that though. He wants to do another surgery before our second ivf to hopefully clear out ridges on my uterus and if that doesnt work then possibly do the transfer going through my abdomen.

3. My progesterone was 29 today which is the highest it has ever been. He said next time he will put me on progesterone and estrogen after my retrieval. I am not sure why on that. He said he doesnt usually do that with patients but he was to give us every chance for this to work.

4. We talked about that fact that Al and I are taking 6 months off from ttc and he said that was a wonderful idea. The nurse will put us on schedule for September and I will have my surgery around July or August.


Does this make me feel better? I guess somewhat. Its not easy knowing you have a egg quality issue, infact it makes me feel even more hopeless because this is the one thing you cant change or improve. He did basically tell me that frozen embyros is pretty well out of picture. We need to concentrate on getting one great embryo.

If any of you know anything about the multi nucleated cells and being on estrogen along with progesterone, please let me know. Yes I know I am the worlds worst patient during an WTF appointment. He said we could wait a few days and come in to see him, but in all honesty I didnt want to miss anymore work for infertility at this point. So it was quick thinking on my part.

No comments:

Post a Comment