Thursday, March 22, 2012

Changing Direction

Well I guess the time has come for my blog to change direction. As you all know, we have decided to put off our second ivf until September. This means six months blogs that will be filled with alot of boring thoughts and moments, lol. When we made the decision to take this time off, we made the decision to take off 100%. We will not be temping, charting, using ovulation kits etc. I want to spend this time with my husband, daughter, family and friends. We have planned a two year anniversary trip to Cozumel and we are also going to San Antonio in a few weeks. I plan on doing A LOT of camping this summer and visiting Beavers Bend. We are also planning on watching our diets, exercise and vitamin supplements to prepare our bodies for our next try. This next go around I don't think I will be doing acupuncture. After doing it this time for 8 weeks prior to ivf and still having shitty eggs, I really don't see the point. I might even go out on a limb and call acupuncture bullshit for egg quality improvement. I definitely believe it helps with stress and relaxation, but I can do that at home for a lot less then $1,000.

I really hope that you guys keep following me and I don't lose a lot of followers due to some down time and borderline boring posts that have nothing to do with infertility and cycling. I will definitely be following everyone through their new pregnancies etc.

Btw, thank you so much for all the comments on my post yesterday concerning my wtf appointment. There were so many wonderful suggestions. I also loved the fact that so many of you made me look at things differently. You may be right, maybe I shouldn't be down in the dumps about bad eggs. It is obvious that there were many contributing factors to why this cycle failed. I am going to walk away from this first failure with the mindset of .................... (this wasn't a complete failure, we learned and will move on from here). I also think that this break we decided to take will play a positive roll going back into this later. Although I did break down last night at the dinner table and had tears following into my cheesy bacon chicken. My husband asked what was wrong and I guess it all hit me at one time. I burst out that I couldnt believe our eggs were retarded and mutated. I do apologize because I dont usually use that word and I definitely dont mean any offense by it. That is what happened to come out of my mouth in a moment of weakness. I was so devasted that the one thing that is not fixable regarding infertility was happening to us. This is where all the wonderful comments came into play and really helped me move through this moment.

The point has always remained and will never change. Life is not fair. Some things we can not change and have to find away to move forward and accept what we can work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment