Monday, January 30, 2012

RE/OB

I dont know if I have mentioned this in my blog but after 6 months of ttc and having no luck, my pcp mentioned that I should take some valum or anything that would " calm me down so I could get pregnant". Yeah he was a complete asshole and very insenstive. I then found a ob after that and went in to have a pap and bloodwork done. She seemed to think everything was fine and just suggested I keep doing what we were doing. Well I am a very outspoken person and that just didnt cut it. I informed her that with my age and 6 months of ttc and nothing, I wanted to be put on clomid (thanks Dr. Google). and if she didnt, I would find another doctor that would. She agreed and we started clomid, another few months and nothing so I decided to find a new ob at the hosptial my husband works for. I found the ob/gyn clinic and called for a new patient appointment. The lady answering the phone was so very sweet and asked what doctor I wanted. I didnt know there were multiple doctors, so I told her that I would perfer a woman and she set me up with an appointment with Dr. Hansen. Our first consult with her lasted over an hour and she talked to us about everything. I felt so happy and content that I actually found a great ob, FINALLY! Well she had me stay on the clomid for another month or so and did all the necessary testing on sperm, fsh etc. Everything came back normal. Our next appointment she went over our test results and said that we needed to get referred over to a RE. Guess what............ my RE that I am seeing now is her husband. Yes a husband and wife team. Let me tell you what, I have never been so happy with my choices, as the day I chose her. My last hope is that her husband will get me pregnant (not personally, lol) and I can go back to seeing her through a pregnancy. I know most woman have that fear of being released to the ob , but I know for a fact I would never be in better hands and have a compassionate woman who knows and can understand what we went through to make it that far.

I love my clinic and I dont really care what the success rates are with ivf, or if they are in the top ten list of clinics. I have something so much better, a place that truly cares for my best interest and will listen to me and give me a shoulder to cry on. Now that is priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment