Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Fed Up!

This post today is totally NON ttc related...................................

I am so beyond frustrated. Hopefully someone out there can give me good advice (fingers crossed).
So I started a new job two years ago when my I married my husband and relocated. I originally sent my resume in for a Land postion. After two interviews and being hired I was really excited that I was able to stay in the Oil and Gas Industry. The office I work in is very small. There are (3) employees and  (2) bosses. Basically I handle all of the land and help my boss out with  his personal stuff, we have a lady that does accounting and another person who handles the other bosses personal matters. I was so happy to work here and be in a small, personal office. Not to long into my job I noticed that the other two ladies were constantly late. We are suppose to be here at 8:30 and the would drag in anywhere from 8:45 to 9:30. You ask how they could do this? Well the bosses never get to work early, NEVER. Infact the bosses usually come in around 10 or 11 go to lunch until 1 or later and then work until about 3 and go home. Which they own the company so that isnt even an issue. For the first year both ladies would call me in the morning with seriously lame excuses on why they would be late and/or not be here. Finally I snapped and told both of them that I dont care why they are late or not coming in and for them to quit calling me with lame excuses. Well lets say we didnt talk for a while after that. Sorry but I have grown up with something called work ethic... Since my husband and I commute to the city, I come in an hour early daily and dont expect anything in return.

Ok so here is the kicker. One of my coworkers has fibromylgia, celiac disease and is seriously allergic to everything under the sun. I will not lie and say I am very familar with celiac disease because im not. She said that the doctors wont diagnose her for either but she is positve she has them. She misses at least 2 weeks a month of work and is now to the point where she doesnt even come into work until around 2 p.m daily. I have to listen to her seriously call on the phone and tell people she is dying weekly. Basically everything is killing her because its filled with chemicals etc. She sits at work and googles her diseases and doesnt want to see a regular doctor such as a rhematologist because they all think she is crazy. So instead of trying things that could possibly help her, she decides to come to work shaking, crying, barely walking and just throws a pity party. Her husband will basically carry her into work. She is so doped up on pain meds, half of the time she cant even talk nor think.  I do understand that something is wrong with her, but my goodness it is stressing me the hell out! I am to the point where I dont event talk to her and I basically cringe when she does come to work.

My other coworker is not as bad, but doesnt really like to work either. I just feel like I cant even  be sick. One days when I am sick, I have to come to work until someone else shows up. With upcoming ivf I have no idea whats going to happen. I feel by missing work I am letting my boss down and I dont want to have my boss think I am lazy or mental. If this job didnt pay so well, I would leave in a second to find another place to work, just to get away from all the drama!

Well I am done complaining for today. I had to get that out. I just think that no matter how bad you have it, someone else out there has it so much worse. So instead of bitching and whinning daily about how bad things are in your life, maybe try to change things?

I know that reading this post it doesnt sound that bad, but you would be wrong in that assumption. I have NEVER experienced anything like this co-worker in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment