Sunday, January 29, 2012

Just Another Sunday..........

Ok so my dogs are so funny! I woke up this morning to let them out before feeding them. About 20 mins later I am laying in bed and my sheltie "izzy" starts knocking on the back door. He was saying "ok mom we are hungry". I think it is so adorable when he does that and I love the fact how much animal can communicate with us. Gosh I love all of my animals. I might go as far as to say that I am a beginning animal hoarder. We have (3) large dogs. "Izzy" is our sheltie, "Boomer" is our chocolate lab, "Porter" is our lab mix that was rescued off the mean streets of Trenton, N.J. We also have "Max" our tiger stripped kitty and "Lillie" our tabby. I also feed (3) neighborhood cats that owners left them. Oh and my fat ole squirrels :) Ok yes I have a problem, but I love animals so much! They depend on us to live and that is one task I wont default on. Plus they give you such unconditional love. I wont lie though, keeping my house sparkling clean with this many animals does eat up alot of time. Im sure there will be adjustments made if we get pregnant.

Yesterday we met up with two great friends for hibatchi. They are expecting their first little boy anytime now. Out of all the pregnancy annoucements I get on a weekly basis, I am SO happy about this one. They are amazing people. NOt to go into the whole story, but my one friend was told she would never get pregnant and basically went on with her life and accepted it. Surprise! They also asked my husband and I told be god-parents ( which is such a compliment). I already know that I will love this little guy to pieces :) Now for all the other pregnancy annoucements, they call shove a sock down their throats because im not hearing it.

I read a blog last night about a fellow IFer suffering through a horrible case of OHSS and I wont lie, it has scared the shit out of me! That has been my biggest fear all along with moving forward on ivf. My doctor already said I response so well to stimulation medications. I know that on all of my iuis at baseline I had about 20 or more follicles. I know that what will happen, will happen, but its still really scary to think of that. Today is day 6 on bcp and im feeling pretty well. Ive had some headaches and fatigue, but thats about it. Hell I had worse side effects from Menopur so this is a walk in the park so far. Ive also caught myself commiting the ultimate IFer cardinal sin. I have been googling baby furniture and nursery sets. I know, know, know that I shouldnt do this but I can help myself. I feel pretty confident of our chances with ivf, even if it doesnt take the 1st time, we have bought multi-cycle. Someone slap me back to reality. I know all of us handle going through ivf differently and early pregnancy differently. I hope and pray that "IF" we do get pregnant I can accept it and enjoy it and not stress out about possible problems. As high strung as is already, that might cause me to have a freaking heart attack. I know, easier said then done. An unfortanate side effect of suffering through this is knowing ALL the things that could happen. NO more blissful ignorance from any of us...... Geez what I would do to have the blissful ignornance.

Well our next big appointment is this Thursday for our ART consult and hopefully our SHG and mock transfer go well. I also am very thankful that my clinic will knock me completely out for our transfer!

No comments:

Post a Comment