Thursday, January 19, 2012

Acupuncture & Company Dinner

So last night was a complete success. Im not sure if I went into much detail about my last acupuncture treatment, so if I did I will aplogize for telling the story again. On my first visit I had a mixture of different techniques. My doctor said he basically takes the best from different experts and customizes a treatment. I had to lay on my stomach with my face through one of those little holes. Then he added electric to my needles so I felt pretty weird to say the least. #1 I hate people touching me, #2 I am kinda Claustrophobic, so that freaked me out some. #3 when I moved my toes a weird electric sensation went through my body and I had a huge panic attack in the middle of my treatment. I know it seems a little lame and unfortnanetly I suffer from massive panick attacks and have for almost 15 years now. Thank goodness I can get them under control at this point in my life. So anyway im getting off track here. After my appointment I felt really good, but wasnt real happy about the actual procedure. So last night I was NOT looking forward to going. I tried to stay positive and went in knowing what was going to happen. Well thank goodness since im not on my stimluation part of preparing yet, the treatment was different last night! I was able to lay on my back with nice fluffy pillows. I had 13 needles and the treatment was wonderful. He said right now we are cleansing my body for ivf and I have to admit, it was a truly amazing experience. He did put some seeds in my ears on three of my pressure points for stress, progesterone, and ovaries. Now I just have to find them in my ears and masage until next week....... pretty cool!  I wont lie, acupuncture is really expensive and especially that I have to go every week, but I have decided to give up other things and pay for this. I want the best shot possible for a successful ivf.

Here is the pic of my little seeds in ears


So now on to dinner....................................................

I am always the early one out of office so my husband and I were the first ones there. This gave us the chance to act like teenagers and take pics of the beautiful wine cellar before anyone else got there :) I told my husband no pictures of the food either, LOL I didnt want to be the redneck couple at the country club. JK. Here are some pictures of the room. It is very dark in there so pics are the best, but you can get the idea



Of course my one co-worker who claims to be dying everyday was half an hour late and we had to wait on her. I wasnt really happy about that since it was a work evening and I come into work before 8. She doesnt really care much since she doesnt blow in until after 2 in afternoon. (OK yes im bitter about this :) ) We had amazing food and amazing wine and great conversation with the bosses. My boss told me husband that I run his office and if it wasnt for me, they wouldnt have a smoothly running company. He also told him that he can throw anything my direction and I will figure it out. It was really nice to hear that compliment from him. So we finally got home close to 11 last night. It was a long day, but really nice. Also the chocolate brownies with bacon.... my husband loved them! I wasnt the biggest so I gave him mine :) I do have to say that the steak was the best ive ever had and Ive had some good steak before. It was so tender and juicy you could cut it with your fork.

Before I forgot on the ttc front. I am still waiting for AF. The only thing I can think is my cycle is messed up due to the chemical pregnancy last month? I have no idea, but I am so ready for this. I am learning that with IF, if you expect you are let down. She does whatever she wants and when she wants. Fingers crossed I will be able to call doctor to start bcp anyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment