Thursday, January 12, 2012

It keeps getting better!

Well I just got off the phone with the Wall Street Journal. I did an interview on the financial aspect of ivf. We basically discussed the cost associated with ivf without insurance. How do we get the money, how much are payments, how has if effected our lives. What about the companies giving loans at 22%? There are no words right now to explain how good I feel. It is so exciting to know that a paper such as the WallStreet Journal is going to do a story on all of us couples that are struggling right now.

All I can say right now is WOW.....

I will be the first person to admit that before we were struggling with IF, I had NO clue, none! I had a coworker that went through ivf and I didnt even take a minute of my life to listen or to ask her questions or to support her. I feel like such an asshole about that now. I had NO idea how stressful it was not only ttc and chemical pregnancies, but the financial stress of trying to figure out where the money would come from.
I want to be as active as possible in trying to help that more states mandate infertility coverage, regardless if we are successful at getting pregnant or not. Even couple should have the right to get ivf, whether you have insurance or dont, make good money or live in a one house income..... Everyone suffering through IF should have that chance! I feel so passionate about this, I wish I could go around the U.S and educate people on infertility and support the couples going through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment