Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Weekend.

Well I had a PERFECT Easter weekend. Our fishing/camping trip was amazing and I had so much fun. 

Friday I was suppose to leave work at 1:00pm and took a half day of vacation. It didn't work out to well. Friday morning I recieved a call from the boss that we completed a washdown on one of our wells. That means we (I) have to contact all the working interest owners in our well and let them know what is happening, the next step and ask for more money. This has to be done within 24 hours of the completion of this step. So at 11:00 on Friday morning my boss finally got all the numbers I needed and then it was crunch time to get 28 different emails and 28 hard copy letters out to working interest owners. My boss apologized like ten times and I didn't have any co-workers offering to help, in fact I had the opposite problem. So I sucked it up and decided that I would do it all by myself even though the boss said co-workers could help. I ended up walking out of the office around 3:30. Annoyed, but looking very forward to my weekend. Boy did my weekend make that Friday disappear quickly!

After 2 1/2 hour drive we got to the cabin. My sister was already there with her husband and the girls. We unpacked ate dinner and opened a bottle of wine while fishing. That night there was a severe thunderstorm and the thunder and lightening were super loud. Lots of rain into the next morning. We all woke up on Saturday and shared stories of our fears from the storm. I thought the cabin would end up in river, my sister thought lightening was going to hit us. That bad, but still cool! They had an Easter egg hunt to 10:30 and it was pouring rain, but we didn't let that stop us. By noon the sun was out full blast and fishing was on! I caught (5) rainbow trout and lost one huge fish. I am thinking it was a stripper because as soon as my bait hit the water  BAM! It was on and there was a fight. I got the fish almost to the shore and saw the shadow. Then it got off hook. My sister then decided to educate me on the "correct" way to reel in a fish LMAO. I thought about that missed fish all weekend long. My sister caught (3) or (4) and finally Al and my brother in law each caught one last minute. I didn't think it was going to happen. Here are some pictures from our trip. It is still early in the season so the trees are not blooming yet and it still looks like winter. This place is very beautiful especially during later spring throughout fall: Pictures aren't impressive, but you can see the fun we had!





















We finally made it home around 1;00 today and in the mail I had this:

These are homemade dish towels from a fellow blogger and friend, Bette. I also got some homemade Christmas tags and little cards. Amazing!! I love the dishtowels so much Bette. THANK YOU!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment