Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Doctors Visit

Well it is still early but, the Lupus scare is back on the table after three years. I go in for some nasty looking fingernails and leave needing to get a referral back to the Rheumatologist.

Let me start from the beginning. I know that I have mentioned in the past that I had a Lupus scare a few years ago. I say scare because I never got a solid diagnosis. I refuse to be one of those people that say they have a disease that has not be diagnosed by a doctor. After a few positive ANA test, some neuropathy, joint pain, chest pains and losing my hair.  She said that the test couldn't confirm a solid diagnosis and said I could be in early stages. I walked out of her office that day and said I was done. After visits to her and Neurolgist and MD's. I was just done. I told Al that unless it kills me I am moving on.

Fast forward to a little over three years and today's visit: 

We started by looking at my nail and she was asking about fingernail polishes etc. She pulled up my sleeve and saw my rash and then asked how long Ive had that. I told her about 8 or 9 months now. I have it on both arms up to my elbows and sometimes on my face. I also explained since my miscarriage how extremely exhausted I am, along with being dizzy and having chest pains. We talked about the bleeding and medications etc. She then asked if I have any autoimmune issues so I told her about three years ago. She seemed a little concerned that now I have rashes and fingernails falling off plus chest pains and extreme exhaustion. I am getting all my records from three years ago forwarded over to her and she is referring me over to the Rheumology Clinic through OU. I was warned that the wait is at least 3 -4 months. No biggie for me. I have been dealing with this for years. I do have to admit, I would like to finally get a diagnosis so I could get treatment for it. I would also feel better to all the people who think I am totally being a hypochondriac about these symptoms for last few years. I think the biggest thing I would take away from this is, Lupus plays a big role in infertility. 

Well I am getting ahead of myself here. Like I said, I have been down this road in the past and what doesn't kill us truly does make us stronger. I refuse to let anything get in my way of living my life and that includes infertility or possibly Lupus.

I got this :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment