Thursday, February 2, 2012

No Raining on my Parade

I went in for my mock transfer and SHG this morning. Neither happened. My RE did a hysteroscopy on me about 8 months ago and removed an adheision so he said I dont need another one. My mock transfer... HAHAH sorry but I am laughing about this because I refuse to be negative about this stuff anymore. After a full bladder, 3/4 bladder and 1/2 bladder, plus (3) different cathedars and over an hour, he couldnt get the cathedar to go through to the uterus. My poor doctor, he is such a perfectionist and he was getting so flustered. The poor nurse keep picking up the exterior u/s and shaking the cramps out of her hands from the constant pressure for so long. I just looked at my husband and shook my head. Of course my doctor referred to all (4) of my iuis being hard also to thread through the cathedar, and it was. This time it was not going. He was sure to make it absolutely clear to us that our transfer will be "really hard" I will be the last patient of the day and he said they will have to take their time because he cant cause absolutely any bleeding or irritation. I am going back in next Tuesday for another try at the mock and if he still cant get the cathedar through, I will have surgery next Friday. The good news is, even with surgery on next Friday I will still be set on schedule for my transfer on March 6th.

I have to say that I trust my RE 100% and I am putting all my faith in his hands. We talked about OHSS due to the concerns I had over fellow bloggers suffering through it. Thank god my RE is very conservative and he has never had levels go over 4,000 since hes been there. We also talked about ICSI and he will do that with the majority of our eggs and let a few naturally fertilize. I also had a internal u/s today so he could look for obstructions. My linning was 5 and I had 15 antra follicles on the left and 11 on the right. That made me pretty happy. I think when the time comes, we will have a pretty good amount of eggs. He also said that since weve been on injectables before, he knows how I stimulate and alot of people dont have that luxury cause they went straight to ivf. With this information he said my chances of OHSS are VERY slim to almost none.

We should be hearing from the pharmacy within a day or two and get our medications done. LIke I said in my title "No Raining on my Parade" I am going to get through this and take everything that happens in stride.

One a final note, did you know that you can do a egg transfer through your abdomin? I didnt know that, but my doctor said that was last resort option.

* After my appointment I was thinking to myself if we would have to pay for our mock transfer twice since this one didnt work. The nurse just called me back and she talked to my doctor. He said even though they went through alot of costly cathedars it wasnt my fault so no we wont be charged again next week. See its times like this that I know I choose the right clinic to take the best care of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment