Friday, February 24, 2012

Update on Personhood Act (Part One)

So I went to the press conference held at the State Capital today. I was so moved after hearing the doctors, advocates and also patients who have went through ivf. I wont lie, I cried and cried some more. I dont understand how lawmakers in the State of Oklahoma can justify pushing this bill through. I dont see how they can look at "Susan" who had cancer at the age of 19 in her ovaries and survived that while in law school, married and found out the only way she could have children was through ivf. How in the holy hell do you justify this bill? Let me tell you what "Mr. Big Pants, who only cares about getting re-elected does. He comes up with a short bill that is 7 lines to use as a smoke screen to get the real bill to pass right behind. He uses the Parenthood Act as a pro-life/pro-choice and then here comes the kicker, you know the one that puts restrictions on ivf and birth control also ectopic pregnancies. Yeah I found out so much today.

Tuesday, February 29th from noon until 3 at the State Capital is a protest. I will be at this protest with my sign and a witty saying on it (still working on that part). I will be there with disgust on my face for the 38 assholes who passed this through the Senate. I will be there with disgust on my face for our Governor who is so pro-life she believes a woman should die before having an abortion. I will be there showing disgust on my face for a bill that state NO woman shall have an abortion, not in cases of rape nor incest nor medical necessity. Now will someone tell me how this is constitutional?  Will someone please tell me when Senator Crane went to medical school? How he understands exactly how conception works? Oh I forgot, he didn't go to Medical School but he obviously has some right to tell me that I don't mean shit! He has the right to tell me that I have absolutely no say on my body. Well Senator Crane, I disagree and I will be there Tuesday and along with my witty sign, I will have a sign that promises your ass and the 37 others along with Governor Mary Fallin will not be reelected! Or at least you will not get my vote and any other vote from any other woman who pays tens of thousands of dollars to be able to bring a baby into this world for us to love.

Thanks for listening to my rant this evening. I just want to know what in the hell has happened to this world? Where are woman's rights in this country going?

No comments:

Post a Comment