Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sometimes the truth hurts.

Ive been thinking about this topic for the last week or so. Thinking how can I blog about this and not offend people to much. The last thing I want to do is offend or upset other woman going through what I am. I hope if you fall into the category of what im getting ready to rant about, you know that it is toward your doctor and not you. 

The past few weeks I have noticed pure negligance coming from some of the RE's that treat my fellow bloggers. One of the most noticable things im talking about is stimming for ivf. I read a story a few weeks ago about a persons E2 levels reaching 11,000 and of course she got OHSS and it was really, really bad. I was thinking to myself, wow that is a high level. Last week during my ART consult I asked my doctor a few things concerning me about our upcoming cycle. #1 was OHSS, I was so scared and feeling so bad for this person who had just suffered through an excruiating case of it. My main concern was over stimulating. He then went on to explain to me that they are very conservative when it comes to OHSS and in his years of practice he has only had a handful of cases. So I then go onto ask about the appropiate levels of E2 for stimming. Of course every case differs some but he said usually 2,000 and 4,000 was borderline of being to high and possibly cancelling cycle. He said with 100% certainty that 11,000 was an absolute no, no. He of couse didnt say anyting bad about another RE, but in his experience 11,000 is dangerous high. I read another blog last night of a person having E2 levels of 7,000 and her doctor doesnt seem to think its an issue either. I honestly believe that the MOST important part of a patient/doctor relationship is trust. #1 first and foremost! I want to believe that my doctor has my health at his number one priority and I can trust him to get me through this process healthy. I am sorry if I have offended any of you, that is not my intention at all. It just concerns me that not all doctors have their patients health concerns at the top and maybe rather #'s of success instead. 

I know that I am very lucky and blessed to have such a wonderful caring person to hopefully get us pregnant. He may be more on the conservative side with all of his practices, but you know what, im completely ok with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment