Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I think last night after I sat at the table staring at all of my medications, it really, really hit me. This is real and I, Tonisha am going through ivf. I guess I knew from the moment we walked in the door at the RE's office that I would be doing ivf, but it just doesnt get anymore real then this huh. Today is day16 of bcp and I start Lupron this Sunday evening. After examining all of my medications, the only one that scares me somewhat is the progesterone oil. I am not afraid of needles and shots dont bother me, but it seems that needle is the size of a freaking pencil, LOL. and for 10 weeks? I told my husband last night to get prepared and he looked at me all sad and said " honey I dont have to get prepared, you do. YOur the one that is getting a huge needle in your butt" I am hoping that he is one of those people who give good shots :)


Last week at our ART consult we discussed with our doctor the number of embryos he recommended transferring. To be very honest we want one healthy baby. I know doing ivf the chances of twins are alot higher. We have talked about this for months and asked our doctor if maybe the first go around we could transfer one and if that didnt take maybe the second go around we would transfer two. He doesnt recommend that for us, infact he strongly stated he thinks we should transfer two (of course this is also based on the condition of embryos when transfer comes.) Since my husband and I will both be 37 this year. Im sorry guys but the thought of twins scare me! I know that people say things always work out and I do believe that to some extent but I am still scared to death of the notion of twins. I think financially moreso then anything else. Guess on the day of transfer the ultimate decision will be made and I did tell the doctor that we 100% trust his opinions and experiences.


Tonight is acupuncture and im really looking forward to some relaxation time :) I told my acupuncturist about all the lovely ladies on my blog and he thinks that is so amazing to have support from woman all over the world. I agreed.

No comments:

Post a Comment