Friday, February 17, 2012

Personhood Act

I want to say with great distaste that today I am NOT proud to be an Oklahoman. The Personhood Act was passed through the Senate and is now going through the House of Representatives (which means this bill is a shoe in for Oklahoma). I have lived here my whole life and have heard so many times that Oklahoma is completely backwoods and filled with judgmental hypocrites. I agree. This act now states that life begins at conception ( when sperm meets the egg) yes you heard that correctly. Not even an embryo yet. So now my egg and my husbands sperm have rights and let me tell you this..... I am pissed. Yes pissed at the fact that now The State Of Oklahoma is making bills that effect my egg and my husbands sperm. This new bill may not seem like much to most people, but it is HUGE for couples going through infertility. I can say with confidence that I am doing everything possible to show my representatives the DISTASTE I have for this bill.  The problem with Oklahoma is it is filled with, dare I say Republicans who feel they should play god and make sure that everyone in the state abides by their beliefs in religion (pure and simple)





I am so purely fed up with Religion & Politics! 

No comments:

Post a Comment