Monday, May 20, 2013

Until Today

I loved tornado season UNTIL today.

 Today an F5 tornado hit a suburb of Oklahoma City. It was devastating. As of 8:17 tonight, 51 are confirmed dead and there are going to be many more. Two elementary schools were hit today. Seven children were found drowned in the basement and the rescue has been turned into a recovery with possibly up to 30 more dead.

I sit here and feel such guilt that this morning I was saying how much I love tornado's and this season. I sit here tonight with such a heavy and hurt heart knowing there are families that will be burying loved ones. Families who lost their homes. Families that are walking around tonight with no where to go.

Today is a sad day in Oklahoma.

I sit here blessed because my family is safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment