Monday, April 16, 2012

Our Trip and then some

Hi ladies! I have been out of network since Thursday. We had a wonderful trip this weekend. Originally we planned on visiting San Antonio. Arriving there on Friday after Al and I had a wonderful dinner and some shopping. Then we walked the riverwalk late into the evening. Saturday morning we woke up around 7 am and decided to get a jump on exploring before the whole town of San Antonio and tourist's. About 45 minutes into our walk Al looked at me knowing I love the ocean and asked if I felt like going to Port Aransas which is near Corpus Christi. Ummm you dont have to ask me twice. So in the car for another 2 1/2 hour drive to the coast. We had a wonderful lunch about 3 blocks from the beach with fresh seafood. Sitting outside smelling the salty ocean breeze and watching seagulls. We were in absolute heaven. Before we knew, the whole day passed and it was about 6 in the evening so we headed back to San Antonio.  We went straight to our room and basically went to bed. All that ocean air wore me out! Sunday morning we woke up and headed to Dallas for my Al's sisters wedding. It took us about 4 1/2 hours to drive there. I told Al that he needed to talk with the hotel and upgrade us to a nice big hot tub room. Since it was Sunday evening, they upgraded us for $30 additional, SCORE! The wedding was very beautiful and unique. His sister and her husband are really into the Japanese cartoons etc. so their cake had a huge dragon on it and she has a beautiful head piece (she reminded me of  Princess La from Star Wars). The ceremony was a mix of Jewish faith and Christian faith. It fit them so perfectly! Had so much fun. 

This weekend was filled with distraction from our nightmare of a life trying to conceive. We drank wine and enjoyed each other. So much fun and exactly what the doctor ordered.

When we came home today there was another surprise. I will not go into a lot of details, due to a request by family member, but I came into some money. When I first looked at the check today and realized it wasn't a joke the first thing I thought was " wow we can buy a few more cycles of ivf". Like I said that was my first thought. I then realized that I am not spending more money of ivf cycles. I know people probably wont understand that but I want to spend this money on stuff in my life that I have. Not something that I might have or might not. I want to make solid investments with it. I spoke with Al and he said it is my money to do with what I choose. I choose not to waste it on ivf treatments. We have our last treatment in September that is paid for. If that doesn't work, we have decided to move ahead with iuis. Although we didn't get pregnant with iuis, we did have two chemical pregnancies which is much more then I got through our ivf and cheaper. This might not make sense to anyone else besides me and Al and that is ok, it doesn't have to.

Here are some pictures from our trip......











From Left to Right... Al's dad, mom, sister, me Al, nephew, sister, niece and brother in law

My redneck sunburn from the beach, LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment