Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thankful



thank·ful  (thhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/abreve.gifngkhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/prime.giffhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/schwa.gifl)
adj.
1. Aware and appreciative of a benefit; grateful.
2. Expressive of gratitude: a thankful smile.

I have so much to be thankful for. As many of you bloggers who have followed me for years know, my childhood was stolen away from me. I sit here today and I am so thankful that my daughter never has to know what it feels like to be beaten, or to be sexually abused by multiple family members. Most importantly she will never know what if feels like to be left behind by her mother. If it wasn't for the painful way I grew up and the hard lessons I learned, then I would not be able to have the sense of gratitude that my daughter never goes through it.  I am thankful that I was finally able to grown into a beautiful woman. After years of drug abuse and being addicted to anyone that would love me or give me attention for five seconds. I was in such a dark place in my life for so many years. It honestly took my father dying for me to be able to start the healing process. Then I met my husband who saved my life in so many ways, he will never even know. I am thankful for my sister who went through this life with me for so many years and grew up to be the most loving mother I have ever seen. Despite all the statistics stating my sister and I would grow up to be abusers or to be involved in abusive relationships. To be dependant on the state, or to become drug users, we defied all the odds. I am thankful for my life.  Many of our family members werent so lucky. They fell into drugs and horrible and hurtful lifestyles. We never had anyone to look up to while growing up. No one to ever show us right from wrong and pure clean love. I sit here and look back to all those years and I can't believe I turned out to be the person I am today. Whatever happens to me in my life from t his point forward will never compare to that pain. I sit here today and again say how thankful I am for my life, pure and simple. 

I hope that every single person reading this blog today can sit back and think of one thing you are truly thankful for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment