Monday, May 7, 2012

New Information?

So I recieved an email this morning from a caring fellow blogger. I started reading this email and was completely blown away by its contents. She asked if I had ever been tested for PCOS and then went on to tell me a little about it and posted a link. My first thought when reading this was " I cant have PCOS because I do have regular cycles" well I guess you can have it and have regular cycles. This started making my think........ 
Here are a few symptons that I do have..........................................

I have facial hair (big time)

Other Skin Problems. Skin tags - thick lumps of skin sometimes as large as raisins - can form as a result of PCOS. They are usually found in the armpits, at the bra line or neck and can easily be removed by a dermatologist. Darkening and thickening of the skin can also occur around the neck, groin, underarms or skin folds. This condition, called Acanthosis Nigricans, is a sign of Insulin Resistance, the underlying cause of PCOS. Other women with PCOS note an increase in dandruff.
 (THIS ONE IS HUGE, I AM GOING TO DERM TOMORROW TO HAVE A LARGE MOLE LOOKING THING UNDER ARM AND MULTIPLE SKIN TAGS

Thinning Hair (Huge issue)
Weight gain in abdominal area verses all over weight gain
Fatique
Mood Swings
High Cholestrol/Blood Pressure
Acne along with super oily skin

You know I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility and that could possibly still be the case but this stunned me, especially with the skin issues Ive been having. I contacted my doctors office this morning about further testing. I feel that this is something that needs to be done. It is so nice to have people care about you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment