Sunday, April 21, 2013

Welcome ICLWers!

Hi! Thank you for thanking the time to stop in my little part of the blogging world. I have a pretty good infertility resume and continue to add every day. Here is a little bit of my history.

Married my amazing husband in April 2010. We started trying a few months before marriage with just natural timing cycles. After six months when that wasn't working, I went to an OB/GYN to have test ran because I was 35 at the time. All my test came back normal and husbands test came back normal. Since then we have:

 10 cycles of clomid/Femera and TI.
4 rounds of iui with Follistim
1 round of iui with Femara
2 Ivf's
2 Hystercopies
5 miscarriages

I am still waiting to start a new cycle from my last miscarriage at 7 weeks in February. Once it starts I am going in for another hysteroscopy  and a LAP. After a few years with my current RE, I feel he has pretty well given up on us and we recently sent our medical records in to Dr. Kwak Kim. She is an immunology RE and specializes in people with recurrent miscarriages. Since we live in Oklahoma and she is located in Chicago, our appointment won't be until the end of August. She is honestly my last hope of conceiving. It has been a long 3 years of tears, anger, some happiness and sometimes total disbelief.

I decided about six months ago to start something near and dear to my heart. It is called "Project Quilting for Pregnancy after Infertility". I have never touched a sewing machine until last October and self taught on quilts. I am proud to say that I just finished my  7th & 8th quilt (twins). This is a great way for me to work out my feelings and do something special for woman whom have gone through exactly what I am . If you want to check out my quilts, go to the top of my page and click on Baby Quilts. I have also started a small intimate group on facebook called Chapters Through Infertility & More. This group is a little different then most because I have woman from all aspects of IF. Some of us are still trying, some are pregnant, some had their babies and some aren't able to have anymore children. I am very proud of this group and the support is amazing. I consider all of these woman my friends. 

So there you have it. My little run down of life in the trenches of infertility so far. I don't know what is going to happen, but I will make the best of whatever is put in my path.

Thank you for stopping by!! Hope to hear from you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment