Monday, March 3, 2014

IVIG & Random Things

Well my infusion went perfectly on Friday. It took a total of four hours and Dr. Kim is also having them run saline through along with the medications to help with reactions. Since this infusion went well, I am going to contact Dr. K's office and see if they will let me go back to the recommended dose of 25 grams and maybe just do the infusion over two days. Other wise we would be looking at an eight hour infusion and as much as I love and adore my home health care nurse, I don't want to entertain someone that long. Not including I have to get up to pee every 20 minutes. I do love the fact that I get plenty of hydration during infusion time though.

I don't know about any of you, but I STRUGGLE to consume water like I am suppose to. When I say struggle, I mean I literally have to gag the stuff down. To bad ice tea won't fill the quota of liquid. If that were the case, I would absolutely have this in the bag. 

Well this weekend we had a nice little ice/snow storm with something we like to call "thundersleet". I am not sure if any of you out there have experienced thundersleet, but it is a pretty freaking awesome occurrence. My poor dogs were going crazy and running around the back yard barking and growling. They couldn't figure out where the noise was coming from. It was pretty darn entertaining. 

Here is my favorite picture of my spoiled animals enjoying a lazy Sunday in front of the fire. These two love each other so much and constantly lay by each other and on each other. It is the cutest thing ever!

Two dogs and one husband.

10 comments:

  1. So cute! And I'm hopeful that these infusions are super helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also experienced the ice/snow storm this weekend. I was confused...freezing rain, sleet, snow...and then some thunder. weird! LOL!!! And you are not the only one with the water gag...i too gag....

    waitingforbabybird.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that to read that there are other people on the face of this earth who hate water as much as I do!

      Delete
  3. Thundersleet...what an awesome word! We experienced it once this winter, and it was crazy. Anyway, glad the infusion went a lot better this time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a pretty freaking awesome word and one of my favorite natural freaky occurrences.

      Delete
  4. Ha ha super cute!! Sorry about your crummy weather! Ours is awful also!!
    You are rockin those infusions now! I totally think you should try the whole dose again! Stock up on your favorite shows then watch the all back to back on that day! Do you watch Scandal? It's soooo good.....that would be my pick!
    ps I totally think ice tea should count!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't watched Scandal yet, but I will definitely check it out!

      Delete
  5. Glad the infusion went good! Love your kitty. He/she looks like my Tucker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His name is Max and he is such a funny, loving, kitty :)

      Delete
  6. I'm happy to hear that the infusion went well! It looks like you had a great, lazy Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete