Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Over sensitive? Maybe, Maybe Not

As most people already know, my husband and I are involved in a study for unexplained infertility. This includes (4) IUI's with injectable Menopur. We will be having our 3rd IUI this Thursday. My progesterone is way low and thats a big factor on why our IUI's are failing. We spoke with our RE last month about options from here on out. He said after our study is over that he would like to put us on clomid and progesterone along with IUI's. He also stated that he thought I would react very well to IVF since my ovarian reserve was so good.

Al and I talked about it and made the decision to get on the IVF waiting list since it was so far out (6 months). Until that time, we would pay for (2) IUI's out of pocket and see if that worked. I talked to the nurse this morning and she told me that we start our stimulation for IVF on/or around January 21st, 2012. This is a possible problem. Our last study IUI will end at beginning of December, which leaves us no time to try another round with the mediciations that doctor suggested.

My husband wants to prolong our IVF and try a few more rounds of IUI. This pissed me off for the fact that, I am the one that attends doctors office multiple times a week for blood, the horrible violating wand treatment, taking medications that cause my head to feel like its going to explode. etc. etc. IT SUCKS! Infertility treatment effing sucks!

So im thinking that IVF has a much larger success rate and im getting tired. I want to just do that? Ugh im not sure what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment