Today is a very special day. My daughter is turning seventeen. I look at her and am so proud of the young lady she has become. I know where I was at this age and it wasn't a good place at all. So to sit here today and see she didn't take after me, fills me with so much pride and joy. She is such a good kid!
- She has been at her first job for almost one year now. So she is learning responsibility.
- She has her own bank account and has never over drawn her money (Phew) because I am co-signer on her account.
- She finally passed her learners permit and is currently waiting for her license. Al is teaching her how to drive because I am way to controlling.
- She is passing all her subjects at school and making almost 100% in her vo-tech graphic design course.
- She is a loving daughter.
- She is so excited to meet her new sisters and want to stay home a little longer to bond and help with them.
I am not sure how I lucked out with her, but I thank my lucky stars daily. By this age I was trying drugs, smoking, having sex and many other things. Of course I didn't have the stable home environment she does. I have tried my best over the years to raise her as a single mother and now I am lucky enough to have a great strong marriage and stable life for her.
One almost raised and two in my belly :)