Sunday, July 27, 2014

A story of strength

One of my friends posted this story in our infertility group and I had to post it here for those of you still in the trenches. It seriously made me tear up.

It is a story about Jamie King and what she went through to get her son James.  Here is a quote from her story to give you some insight. "8 yrs of pain & undiagnosed PSOC [Polycystic ovary syndrom] & Endometriosis," she said. "5 miscarriages, 5 rounds of IVF [In vitro fertilization], 26 IUIs [Intrauterine insemination], most with no outcome, 4-1/2 years of trying to conceive, 26 hours of brutal labor, early delivery b/c of sudden preeclampsia, tearing and tearing after the stitches were in once I was home."

Pretty amazing journey and pretty amazing woman. I know for me personally, when going through our infertility I wanted to keep pushing forward. Even with the losses etc., I always felt that if I quit treatments and did nothing, then I was giving up on myself. I am so glad we pushed forward through all of it. I sit here daily and remember the pain of infertility. It is a pain that never goes away, it is a pain that you never forget. Although now I see how all the trials were worth it. I hope that others will be able to see it also.

5 comments:

  1. I saw this too. I knew she was pregnant last year, but never would have guessed what she went through. The fact she is speaking about her journey is so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I posted a link on my FB page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sweet lady! I love your blog! And I just wanted you to know that I nominated you for the Very Inspirational Blogger Award! Details of your nomination are on my blog.

    thereisahigherhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete