Monday, April 21, 2014

Bleeding, Camping and NIAW

Well I had a very interesting Friday. I was planning on leaving work early because we had a camping trip planned over Easter weekend. Friday morning was busy and I was of course the only person there working. The bosses were up in the conference room with some clients and I had just posted this on my pregnant after infertility facebook page:

"I feel like I am totally jinxing myself by even posting this, BUT I haven't had a big bleed since last Thursday. Still spotting everyday but that is the norm for this pregnancy. Fingers crossed that the bleeds are done or at least longer breaks in between for my sanity."

TEN MINUTES AFTER POSTING THAT COMMENT

I was sitting in my chair and sneeze. I knew the feeling and was soaked in blood. Bad thing. As soon as this happened our second set of clients walked in for their meeting with the bosses. I had to take my cardigan off and tie it around my waist. As soon as I stood up the blood started gushing more and running down my legs onto my feet. I got the clients seated and walked upstairs to the conference room to let the boss know. I then had to let him know I had to leave and go home because I was soaked in blood. I was mortified. Actually beyond mortified. By the time I got home my car seat was soaked in blood (white leather) and it was everywhere. I made the decision while cleaning up that I wasn't going to let this SCH run my life for one second more then it already has. I called my RE office to let them know. I told her I didn't want to bother coming in for an u/s at this point and would just wait until my next visit, which is this Wednesday. Honestly what is the point? There are two possibilities things that will come out of this:

#1.  The SCH will cause me to lose the babies
#2. The SCH will keep going and babies will be fine.

Either way, I can't do anything at this point and I am SO done stressing about this.

I have considered buying adult diapers though and just wearing them 24/7. I am not sure what else to do. I have been wearing super heavy pads. You know the ones that goes from your chin to the back of your neck? LOL. They don't do anything when I have these massive bleeds.

Any suggestions on something I could wear to at least help get me to bathroom before I soak through all my clothes?


Well I did get cleaned up Friday and headed camping. Best.decision.ever. We had a great time and I was able to spend quality time with hubby, daughter and my sisters and her family. Here are a few pictures from our camping trip.






Today is the start of National Infertility Awareness Week. Please take a moment to educate someone about infertility. Remember we can't expect someone who hasn't suffered through this to know what is happening to us.

10 comments:

  1. I wish I knew what to tell you. I haven't dealt with SCHs but I know how stressful bleeding is. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this T. Keeling my fingers crossed for you guys. May that SCH disappear very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stupid bleeds! I would get the adult diapers for sure, and the ones they have now are pretty streamline. My mom has to take chemo every night for the rest of her life and has bowl issues. She wears them and you can't even see them through her pants. It would be a good piece of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you have to deal with the SCH...I pray that it will be gone (or at least have considerably shrunk) at your next ultrasound. And I pray it does so without adding any extra complications to your pregnancy. You don't need the added stress of these bleeds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire your attitude. You're right about not letting the overall issue control your life. Going to the nature was a nice change, but in general, take things slowly. Don't tire yourself. As in previous comments, I truly believe you will be successful this time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oy vey! Yes, definitely the adult diapers and also pick up a package of absorbant pads (same aisle as adult diapers) which are flat and you can put them on your car seat, office chair, in your bed as a backup. I used these near the end of my pregnancy when I was paranoid about my water breaking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh, that has to be so annoying, but you definitely have the right attitude! I'm glad you had such a great weekend. You definitely deserved to get away from it all for a couple days :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're right about the options, but I'm so sorry those bleeds keep happening.
    There are these absorbent pads that have a leak-proof cover on one side. They're usually blue and used in hospitals and labs, so I'm not sure where one would regularly buy them... but they'd work great as car seat covers (they're about 0.5m x 0.5m).
    Hoping that the bleeding stops, and that things look good on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is horrible that you are still having to deal with all of this. I'm glad you were able to put it aside and have a wonderful camping weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know about SCH but that kind of bleeding is for sure enough to drive a person crazy! Hope the bleeding stops though and that everything is ok :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delurking to say congrats on your pregnancy and also, I've been there with the empty sac and bleeding. I had an empty second sac seen from the 7th week (which was when the bleeding episodes started). I bled on and off for a further EIGHT weeks (yes, until I was 15 weeks). At times the bleeding was so heavy, I thought for sure I was having a miscarriage. Eventually I reached the same point as you and stopped panicking at every bleed. It's not humanly possible to stay at that stress level for so long. It was all OK in the end and my little girl is now 16 months old.
    I wish you all the luck and hope your little hoppers stay well stuck in and keep hopping for their mama.

    ReplyDelete