Thursday, September 5, 2013

Chicago Part 2

This post is going to be about our trip and sightseeing in Chicago. I took about 100 pictures while we were there. It is going to be very hard to narrow it down and not totally fill this blog with that many pictures. Before this appointment I never thought of Chicago as a city that I would be interested in visiting, ever. Boy did this place prove me wrong and I am so glad it did. Chicago has to be on my top three list of places I have visited now. To say it was absolutely an amazing city would be a total understatement. I plan on going back. I did find out there are a few things you absolutely have to do while there; visit The Sears Tower ( even though I am not from Chicago, I will no longer refer to it as the Willis Tower). Chicago totally got ripped off on that deal. It has always been the Sears Tower until  the Willis Company from London turned out to be the biggest owners in the building (owning biggest %). They wanted the building named after them. It really pissed me off that not only were they not from Chicago, they weren't even from the U.S. Total rip off and douche move ( in my opinion). The tower is absolutely amazing though: The first day we went, it was around 11:00 in the morning and the wait time was 3 1/2 hours to get in. So Al and I woke up very early on Monday morning (Labor Day) and were there right when it opened at 8:30. The wait was about 45 minutes. After going up to the top I realized that if necessary I would have waited three hours. WOW! You may ask, "Tonisha did you go out in the boxes off of the 103rd floor"?  Yes I did :) Scared shitless but felt so liberating after I did it. I was on a high all day after. Here are a few pictures from the Sears Tower..








Next we went on a river tour throughout the city and the canal of Lake Michigan:






Our visit to the Navy Pier:







Random pictures of Chicago:



State Park Beach:


Deep Dish Pizza!

We ended up eating at two different places, but only got a picture of the first.

This was our pizza from Giordano's downtown. We also had a wonderful pizza from Lou Malnatis north of Chicago.

So here was the majority of my pictures. Hope you guys enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment