From day one when we starting seeing the OB, he asked if I wanted a c-section or vbac. My immediate response was c-section. The reason behind this was basically I already had previous c-section and plus I was pregnant with twins and didn't want to have any complications arise trying to birth them vaginally. Throughout this pregnancy my mind has swayed away from c-section, until now. Actually a few weeks ago at the 4D u/s and the tech said both girls were head down. I had a few different occasions where the thought crossed my mind for a few seconds. Maybe I can have a vbac. Then last week during my u/s with MFM and the girls were still head down. After being admitted I had to sign paperwork about emergency delivery etc. and it was brought up again. Did I want to try vaginally? My answer at the time was " I want whatever is best for the babies in the situation". So we signed papers that we would do either depending on situation. Now this week has been non-stop thinking about this. Of course I want what is best for the girls. I have been told by my OB and MFM that at this point we are great candidates for either and both at this point are safe. Here is my pro/con list:
PRO's for Vaginal birth:
Less time recovering from major surgery
Less time in hospital
Depending on different studies, could be easier for the girls
Get to experience vaginal birth and bonding with the girls
Al would get to experience the birth of his girls
PRO's for C-Section:
I don't have to worry about delivering one vaginally and being rushed in for surgery if something goes wrong with second baby.
I know what to expect from previous c-section
It is planned and therefore I feel like I have more control
I will be able to get my tubes tied at same time
It is weighing heavily on me and I do hope that I ultimately make the right decision or something happens to help me make the decision.
Any twin moms have input on this?